
My 100th posting is supposed to be an inspirational one. I’ve had a lot of time to think this week about the things that are important to me and what I’ve learned about life. So here goes…
- Family and friends are the most important thing in life. They are they for you no matter what – no questions asked and they accept you for who you are – warts and all!
- Turning 50 made me think about the footprint that I’ve left on the world and hopefully, I have improved my tiny corner of the universe a little. I can also now admit when I’m wrong – not make excuses – and move on. Hey, I’m human and we make mistakes.
- Gardening. Watching a tiny seed emerge into a beautiful flower just feels me with wonder and faith. Also, having a small garden and an energetic dog shows me that only the strong survive – unless you have a “Plan B”.
- Quilting has taught me humility, patience, that “Done is Better Than Perfect” and “If you buy it – use it!”
- I’ve learned from my dog that it’s OK to take a nap in the middle of the day. He has shown me what unconditional love is and how to become a better friend.
- A sense of humor can get you through anything.
- Blogging has opened a whole new world and inspired me to tackle things that I wouldn’t attempt before and shown me that help is just a “mouse click” away.
21 comments:
Isn't it interesting who we become, or should I say who we "let out" when we become bloggers? I have journaled for years but blogging opened other doors in me that I did not have another release for.
Congrats on your 100th post.
Pam @
www.pamgwillim.com
I think I'll print this out for hanging in my office. Incredibly wise thoughts. Neat lady.
what a great idea to reflect on your blog!
It's nice to met you!
All true! I have found more courage to make mistakes, & laugh about them, the older I got.
I also find family & friends the most precious jewels life can offer.
I so enjoy all the friends I have made on the blog circuit!
Ditto Screen Door's comments above. Amazingly wise.
wise woman!
I love your fairy garden too, and you take it easy and rest up from whatever surgery you had. I can't understand either how surgery can wipe you out like that, I was the same way and it made no sense to me, I mean I slept through the whole thing! it's not like I was the one in there moving things around~ what's with that?
take it easy, enjoy your flowers and your sweet dog
Very inspirational! Thank you for sharing!
fabulous list and so true
Happy 100th!
Me too Kim! I wrote my 100th blog entry today but nothing inspirational like you have created! Great thoughts!
Turning 50 will do that to you. Happy 100th! I'm glad you are enjoying your adventures in blogland. I am, too.
Happy 100, looking forward to your next 100 posts. Take good care.
Way to go on the 100 posts. that list was cool.
Congrats on you 100th post. Life just gets better and better, doesn't it!
A great (make me think about things)post.
It's amazing how much I have learnt from dog also.
Congrats on your 100th post. Love your insights. They are so, so true.
Congrats on ur 100th post....i loved reading that post, very uplifting and wise!!
Very well said! Those are the same kinds of things floating around in my head, but you put them together so well. Thank you!
Love your 100th post! Those are good things for all of us to remember. Turning 50 was a biggie for me. I figured it's all down hill after that, so enjoy the ride!
I am a new blogger and I am in awe also. It is a whole new world! Thanks for the post.
I just discovered your blog and love the pictures and comments about your garden and your dog. Would love to see some quilts, though! Congrats on "turning 100."
Mary in Virginia
Post a Comment