
Today, I went for my 18-month check up since finishing Chemo for fNHL -- everything looks good - blood work is good, no lumps nor bumps, I feel great and Remission continues. My doctor only believes in sending me for a scan if there is something suscipious -- so I haven't had to have one since December, 2007. Huge sigh of relief!! It's hard to believe that it was two years ago, almost to the day, that I walked into that office for my first Chemo scared -- no make that terrified.
It's so nice now to breeze in, get a blood draw, meet with the doctor, chat with the nurses, and breeze back out. Do I still get nervous? You bet - I broke out with a case of hives on the back of my legs this morning and I could feel them inching up my back and neck in the car going to the appointment. By the time I got into the office, they were crawling around to the side of my face, which required a shot of Benadryl to clear them up. On the drive back to work, the Benadryl must have kicked in because I could feel them receding. It's amazing what your nerves can do to you! Deep down, I knew everything was fine - so why was I such an itchy mess?
I really and truly feel like I've got my life back, I feel great and I'm enjoying everyday. Yes, there really is life after cancer - it's just a shame that it took a cancer diagnosis for me to start enjoying it. I've come along way in those two years.
14 comments:
I understand eveything you talked about... never got the hives... but would have dry heaves the whole time I'm dressing to go... and come home so pleased when everything was still okay... Thank YOU LORD for all your blessings!!!!
coming back to see your blog after such a long time and as always enjoying reading many past posts.....BUT coming back today and reading your post about your wonderful good health is very special and I wish you many! MANY! years of more of the same good health!
blessings Lee-ann
Yay! I'm so pleased to hear this wonderful news Kim. I've often though of you, and your diagnosis over the last two years. Life is so interesting. Often it takes something big, like your cancer, to bring clarity to what truly makes a life, and sometimes it is something small, like the smile of understanding, when it matters most, to make us truly understand, that life is made up of moments. Big and small.
I wish you continued health and much happiness.
Lena
Good for you Kim!!! I'm so happy for you! What a huge relief!
Hang in there and keep smiling!
Paulette
Oh goodness, I haven't been to your blog in AGES, but I'm trying to get caught up, finally, after the move, and summer! I'm glad I came here to see your most fantastic news. I hope this is your current status, too! :) Today, I'm sewing, and I hope you have had a lot of chances to be crafty. :) hugs..cindy :)
Good for you! My daughter has to have scans every 3 months and is petrified. She panicked and walked out this last time. Hasn't rescheduled yet. Doesn't want to. In time I hope she calms down. She only has her life back from time to time, rest is awful still.
Post a Comment