I've actually spent some time in my sewing room over the weekend. Even though I'm not really a "morning person", I found I was most inspired to work in my sewing room in the early part of the day. Since I didn't have any plans for the weekend, I declared it a "Guilt Free Quilt Weekend.
I had bits and pieces of projects lying around, so I picked up a little flag wallhanging/table-topper and started sewing it together. I also had some more HST's to sew together for my Broken Dishes quilt top, so I sewed them as Leaders and Enders between the flag blocks and sashing. I'm happy to report that I have the top completed, but I'm not happy with it. I wasn't working with a pattern and I think I made the sashings too wide or the flag blocks too small. But done is done - so I'll have to get over it. It will look nice on the dining room table next Fourth of July.....It will probably take me that long to quilt it.
The Broken Dishes is a WIP, that I don't know when, if ever, it will be finished -- I guess as long as I can make HST's, I'll keep working on it.
I even went up to the third floor and brought down two bins of Homespuns that I want to use in my Rooster Quilt http://www.onestitchatatime.com/images/patternmq171.jpg. I just love Meme's patterns - they are so me. I'm addicted to Homespun and have more Homespun than I know what to do with. I have a hard time branching out from Thimbleberries and Homespuns. I just can't wrap myself around bright prints, even though I have lots of FQ's that are bright. However yardage is Thimbleberries, darks and homespuns.
I've actually made it 21 days without buying any fabric!! I don't feel like I have put a dent in any of the fabric that has accumulated here, but, I keep plugging along.
No comments:
Post a Comment