
I can't Believe it's already August. Where has the summer gone?
I've made a commitment to myself to "Not Buy Any Fabric in the Month of August" and so far 13 days into the month, I've stuck with the commitment. However, I haven't done any sewing either. It was either too hot to spend any time in my sewing room - can't run the A/C and an iron at the same time -- so it's fruitless to try to do any piecing.
I've tried just sewing and stacking stuff up on the ironing board for when it cools down, but I never seem to get back to it.
After a week-long hot spell (temps in the high 90's), som nice cool weather has settled in - but, now I just want to be outside, enjoying the weather.
I've spent way too much time sitting and watching TV and knitting. I have 25 baby hats packed up for my guild meeting. I wish I could crank out quilts as fast as I can crank out these baby hats. It's so rewarding when you complete something -- makes you want to jump in and do more.I stopped at a quilt shop yesterday to buy the Santa's Coming book by Art to Heart (Nancy Halvorsen) and that's all that I bought - I was less than impressed with the selection of stuff in the quilt shop.
Since Bailey was being groomed, and I had some time to kill waiting, I stopped in B&N and picked up a knitting magazine and a craft book on the sale table. The craft book was only $7.98 and had a couple of really cute quilts in it -- must do's. I also decided that I needed to venture out from knitting baby hats and decided that I would teach myself the cable stitch in knitting. After three attempts of casting on and ripping out - I GOT IT. I'm glad that I decided to just start with a cable stitch scarf -- only 36 stitches to cast on and rip out.
The weather has been just gorgeous, and as I sit in my sewing room, biding time to go to Mass, I'm spending too much time on the computer. I need to turn it off and do some sewing - any sewing, just to get back into it.
No comments:
Post a Comment