It seems a little sacrilegious that today is both April Fool's Day and Palm Sunday.Did you ever have one of those days that you knew Candid Camera was hiding just around the corner? Or you were dropped into an old "I Love Lucy" skit. Well, I had one of those days today. Every time that I attempted to do something, there was something else that needed to be done and it seemed like it would be a quick fix so that I could get back to doing what I wanted to do, but instead, it took much longer and I wondered why I even started. Whew, how was that for a run-on sentence? Even Blogger wasn't playing nicely for me today. It has taken me forever to do this posting. Maybe it is fitting that it's April Fool's Day after all - I really felt like the April Fool.
After a few really nice days of 70-degree temperatures, today was dismal, cloudy and chilly. Mother Nature is letting us know who is the boss. I worked in the garden for a bit yesterday and that was a nice surprise, since it was supposed to rain and never did. We have gone 7 days without rain - that is a record so far this year. I just adore Spring flowers and they seem to be bursting out of the ground.
Today was a good day to sit down and do some mindless sewing, once I made it up to the sewing room. I have a few projects that I could have worked on, but nothing was singing to me to work
on it or it required more thought than I wanted to spend time thinking about. I do have my Stitchery finished and even got the rick-rack sewn on, but I'm having a difficult time trying to wrap my mind around how to put it together -- so I shelved it for the time being.
on it or it required more thought than I wanted to spend time thinking about. I do have my Stitchery finished and even got the rick-rack sewn on, but I'm having a difficult time trying to wrap my mind around how to put it together -- so I shelved it for the time being.
So instead, I sat down and just started sewing together some 1-1/2" strips together to duplicate a pattern from the Handmade magazine. 1-1/2" strips are really small - since they only finish at 1" -- but, I'm pretty happy with the result even though it will only finish 35-1/2" square. Mindless sewing is just so therapeutic. I want to get two of the three borders on so that I can transfer the embroidery designs of different flowers in each of the open space blocks. Doesn't this just scream "Spring is Here"? It's going to be a table topper for my kitchen table.



14 comments:
Despite your interuptions, it the day look productive to me. Your stitchery and quilt look lovely. Happy quilting!
Oh My Gosh! The stitchery turned out so cute. I love the bee buttons. Ok, and the mindless sewing! Yea, WHATEVER. That definitely takes a creative mind. I'm inspired! I have to go dig through my scraps. :)
Toby is so sweet. I love little Yorkie pups. They're so tiny. It's amazing that those little black pups can turn out so gray and brown. :) And Bailey looks like a good, um, I guess he's Toby's nephew. :)
I like your stitchery project and the chain tabletopper looks great--wonderful for a spring or summer tabletopper!
Wow you get a lot of rain. Flowers are lovely, and the pup is too cute.
I'm amazed at the amount of stitching you get done in such short bits of time! It is all, as always, lovely. The new puppy is lovely too.
We actually had a bit of snow this morning in some areas nearby. Very unusual for this time of the year! Your garden is really pretty. Mine needs weeding, but I haven't had a chance to get anything done in the garden as yet this year. Hopefully soon.
AWWWWWW what a cutie pie :) Love your flowers and your stitching is great :) xoxo melzie
The puppy is too-too cute! Awww... love your table topper it will positively fab. w/ flowers, too!
Love your flowers, & also love that wonderful table topper!
Your stitchery is lovely as well.
And the dear little Toby, how cute!
Hope Bailey doesnt get jealous.
Your stitchery is fitting for spring time. Such a cute saying! You were very productive dispite the interruptions.
Toby is so sweet.
Pretty photos, but the puppy is my favourite - very very cute.
your fur babies are so adorable. since its - 10 degrees out side. I am admiring your lovely garden.
Toby is definitely a keeper! Your stitchery and mindless sewing quilt are both wonderful. I think you had a pretty good day after all.
beautiful quilt. very springy!
Such beautiful Spring flowers! I really like your stitchery piece, especially the button flowers. Your mindless stitching quilt is looking fine.
Post a Comment