Background

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Mid-September Already???

I can't believe that it's already the middle of September and over two weeks since my last posting. I must have really been into that Vacation spirit.


Before I get to how much fun I had on vacation, I want to give you an update. I just finished Cycle 3 of Chemo (on 9/12/07) and the doctor has declared me in a "Partial Remission". I'm on Cloud 9!! Please keep those prayers and/or good wishes coming for a "Durable Remission" with Cycle 6, followed by the dreaded CT and PET Scans.

I had a wonderful time vacationing - no set plans, no alarm clock, I enjoyed my garden, worked on my current embroidery project, treated myself to a French Manicure and soaked up lots of sunshine (hey, it's Vitamin C, right?) The weather was picture perfect everyday.


I think Bailey was glad to see me go back to work, since I interfered with his nap schedule. He did get a day at the spa -- a grooming appointment -- and he looks so cute with his new haircut, and just a little bit tired, too.












The "Garden Buds" got together for a birthday celebration at a local tea house and we had a wonderful time at lunch. I was the lucky one, I didn't have to go back to work afterward.





Black-eyed Susan vine


My garden is thriving with the cooler temperatures and a little bit of rain.




The Hyacinth Beans are taking over -- there is actually a chain link fence behind them.



I'm hoping that my "Quilting Mojo" comes back with these cooler temperatures, too. I have actually washed and pressed some FQ's in the hopes of embarking on a new project -- "Some Angels" by Cinderberry Stitches. I have the design all traced and I'm ready to start piecing the patchwork before I begin stitching. I ordered this pattern from my friend, Jenny at The Stitchery in New Zealand. Jenny offers great service with a personal touch. If you get a chance, check out her shop http://www.thestitchery.co.nz/?x=21&y=14.

14 comments:

Darlene said...

"partial remission" is wonderful news! I'm sure that part of the healing process has been your incredible spirit!

I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation.

Sweet P said...

Partial remission . . . fantastic! Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Have fun with Some Angels. That pattern is adorable.

Lynda (Granny K) said...

I've been on vacation for 3 weeks and came by check on how you were doing. 'partial remission' - that sounds great! Well done to you and Nurse Bailey. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Regards, Lynda

meggie said...

Such good news Kim! I send a positive vibe your way, every day.
So glad you have had a rest & doesn't Bailey look wonderful!

ancient one said...

Prayers/Good thoughts continue. So good to hear of your wonderful vacation and good health report.

Your hyacinth beans are really pretty and have outgrown mine by leaps and bounds...LOL

Lena said...

That is truly wonderful news Kim! I have goosebumps!
It sounds like you are doing a great job of living each moment, through all of this. I'm so glad. That's the key to a happy life....for each of us!
I'm going to keep sending lots of good thoughts your way. I'm looking forward to seeing your new project as it progresses.
Take care.

Patti said...

Echoing the comments of others - that's the best possible news you could have to share. I just know that after Round 6 you are going to be in full remission!

Lots of bloggers seem to have done little stitching or quilting this summer - I think the urge will come back to everyone with the fall. Something about the changing seasons . . . .

Quilter Kathy said...

That is sure great news! You must be so relieved!

Beth said...

Kim I'm so glad that you are in partial remission! That is one step closer for you :)

Thanks for the link to Jenny's shop in NZ. I placed an order last night and got a nice email from Jenny this evening :)

Stay well!

Jeanne said...

That's so terrific to hear! I will continue to pray for your good health. I'm glad you had a wonderful vacation, too.

The Chicken Lady said...

AWESOME news!!! Oh, that's just great! Prayers will continue to go up!!!

Bailey looks very handsome with his new haircut. He's very shiny.

Cute Stitchery project. Can't wait to see it done! :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Time off with no quilting mojo is disappointing for sure. I'm praying for the return of that and rejoice in your very good news! ~hugs~

Nicole & Phil said...

Great to hear that the chemo is working! fingers crossed that all goes well!

FourSistersInACottage said...

Kim,
I am SOOOO THRILLED to hear you are in remission. Keep it up girlfriend!!!
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)