Background

Friday, October 26, 2007

COMPLETE REMISSION!!



The words are finally starting to sink in. I'm almost afraid to say them out loud, but I wanted to share the good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, I feel like dancing and crying (tears of joy) all at the same time. The PET scan came back clean. My doctor declared me in Complete Remission - No Evidence of Disease. The 5th cycle of chemo is a memory and only one more to go! The timing could not be better - this will be the most thankful Thanksgiving that I will ever have -- and my wonderful son is cooking dinner. I have a bottle of red wine chilling and I think tonight is the night to crack that sucker open and chill it and kill it!!

I also want to thank each and everyone of you that read my Blog, for your prayers, good wishes, support, and a good swift kick in the behind from time-to-time (you know who you are, LOL), and I appreciate that, too. I couldn't have done it without all of you, the support of my family, my circle of friends, and my good buddy, Bailey.


I just love Queen and I've been playing "We Are The Champions" over and over.....
I've taken my bows
And my curtain calls
You brought me fame and
fortune
and everything that goes with it
I thank you all

But it's been no bed of roses -No pleasure cruise
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I aint gonna lose...

We are the champions my friends
And we'll keep on fighting - till the end
We are the champions -We are the champions
No time for losers
cause we are the champions
of the world

29 comments:

Autum said...

Happy, happy, joy, joy!!! That is the most wonderful news! I am so very happy for you.

meggie said...

You are indeed a Champion Kim!!
Congratulations on a battle well won!!
Such great news.

His Office, My Studio said...

Congratulations and outstanding!!!!

I am jumping for joy with you! I would do back flips but I can't.

Meredith said...

Yes I am so glad for you!

Thimbleanna said...

Oh Kim. Your post brought tears to my eyes! So happy for you -- Congratulations!!!

tami said...

Congratulations. I am SO happy for you.

Joyce said...

Wonderful news! You definitely are a champion.

ancient one said...

Great News!! I'm so happy for you!!

SuBee said...

Holy cow - you took my breath away - CONGRATULATIONS!!! Chill it, kill it and dance all night!

Jeanne said...

Kim, that's the best news I've heard all day! I'm so happy for your good report! Celebrate away.

Sweet P said...

What wonderful news! Congrats and enjoy life!

Pam said...

How absolutely wonderful!!

You are the Champion!!!

Congratulations :))

Angie said...

Oh Kim, Oh Girl, Oh I'm just so happy for you!!!! Can you hear me squeeling from here??? LOL That is just the best news! Go enjoy it!!!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is great news Kim! Celebrate your success in fighting this disease...you are the champion!

Mary said...

Oh what good news! Congratulations you are a champion!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

Fantastic news! so happy for you. Congratulations!

Darlene said...

Incredible news! Now you can just enjoy life with a happy heart.

Marge Gordon said...

YEEEEEAAAAAAAA KIM!!!

swooze said...

Yeeaaahh!! Congrats on a clean bill of health.

Lena said...

All the best to you, Kim.
I'm so happy the news is good.
xoxo!

Carole said...

That is absolutly wonderful news! congradulations! Keep up the sense of humour! BTW, how is Dr. Fah doing! ROFL

Judy said...

Reading your news gave me chills and tears. There could be nothing better to read!

Rhonda said...

That's great news. You are woman, hear you roar!

Lisa said...

Way to go Kim, what fantastic news!!!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Awesome. God is SOOOOOO good!!

Jo Raines said...

So happy for you! Yes, Celebrate Life!

The Chicken Lady said...

PRAISE THE LORD! Oh my, Kim, that is such awesome news. You're one tough chick! Big, ol', giant hugs!! :)

Nancy said...

Congratulations dear!!!! What joyous news!!! Hugs!!!

ancient one said...

Merry Christmas!!