Background

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Early Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving came early for us this year. My granddaughter is going to be spending Thanksgiving with her mother's family, so we decided that we have so much to be thankful for that we would celebrate early.


I spent most of Saturday cleaning my house - and believe me it sure did need it. I should be charging those dust bunnies rent. The weather was dreadful, so it was a good day to stay inside. I had my "to-do" list and it felt oh so good to cross off all those tasks that I've been putting off. This was also my first attempt at cooking a turkey and I was a little nervous, but since it wasn't officially Thanksgiving we could just call and order from KFC if it didn't turn out. Thankfully, it was as easy as it looked!


The "boys", Toby & Bailey, knew that something was up and were excited that we were having company - or should I say they were planning who would spend the most time with Kylie.

Dinner was so relaxing and enjoyable - no pressure, just good food, good company and good wine. I was on my A-game today and everything was timed perfectly.

You know how people get really sleepy after eating turkey, we'll I have two tired and exhausted pups (yes that photo is really two dogs sleeping together) and now I have the rest of the evening to do whatever. It doesn't get any better than this.




3 comments:

ancient one said...

Glad your early Thanksgiving went well. Now, you get an early start on Christmas, LOL.

Thimbleanna said...

Sounds like a Thanksgiving success. And adorable picture of your granddaughter with the pups!

meggie said...

What a lovely happy post! Such good family time, & those two young dogs look so happy about it all.