Background

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Life Goes On

I'm sure that anyone still reading my blog would think that I would be gushing about the wedding, but that didn't happen. Another curveball in the game we call life. Once again our family has learned that no matter what .... life does go on. These things happen for a reason and you don't dwell on it - you just move on.


Enough doom and gloom and on to happier things.


How about those Phillies - 2008 World Champions!!! My son, granddaughter and I went up to Philadelphia to see the parade - 28 years in the making and it was worth every minute of it. Twice in my lifetime the Philies have won a world championship. I've never seen sooo many people in one place at one time. The closest thing that I can imagine is Times Square on New Year's Eve which I've watched on TV and wondered "are those people nuts to want to be in a crowd like that" -- YES! But, it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience and I'm glad that I got to experience it.


I won't go into how the crowd roared when Chase Utley dropped the F-bomb on "live" TV! Way to go Chase.........


Another piece of good news - I got a new sewing machine - a little 12-pound Janome Gem 760. A great little machine to take to all of those classes that I plan to attend. I'm not having a lot of success with forcing myself to spend time in my sewing room, so maybe if I take a few classes, I'll get my MoJo back. It would probably help, if I took the machine out of the box.....maybe.





My friend, Deb, and I have been sewing Stockings for the Troops and that is easing me back into sewing a little. I'm not setting the world on fire sewing these things, but it is using up a lot of Christmas fabric from my stash.


I've been keeping busy with two houses, too. My mother's house is almost cleaned out and I need to do some rennovations before moving in. I've also been clearing out my own house to downsize before moving. Oh my, the stuff we keep. I do get into these binges of "Use it or lose it", but it is so hard to get rid of your own stuff. Now, I'm looking at stuff to "use it or move it."

I can't believe the Holiday season is almost here and for us it will be bittersweet without Mom, but once again life does go on.

2 comments:

ancient one said...

I agree with you that things happen for a reason and sometimes we might never know the reason this side of Heaven. But, I know GOD sees the "big picture" and all things are controlled by HIM!

Glad you got to go to that big parade and enjoy your winning team.

I don't have the patience for sewing. I used to love pedaling my grandmothers old singer making stuff from her ragbag... and as I got older I did sew some for myself, I enjoyed sewing the dress together, but always hated heming and finger sewing. So I decided that isn't my "thing"..

Hope you have a Blessed Day!

meggie said...

Hi Kim, have been thinking of you, & checking here from time to time. I am glad you went to the game.
We went to our son, & his partner's once to watch the New Years Eve fireworks on the Sydney Harbour Bridge. It could all be seen from their front balcony. It was lovely, but the crowds getting there nearly drove us insane!