Background

Saturday, November 11, 2006

This is November?????


So far the month of November has been warm. Today we have 70-degree temperatures, the windows are open with a gorgeous breeze waifting through the house.

It's also our Christmas Bazaar today -- who can think about Christmas when it's 70-degrees? Not me.

It's a wonderful day to do some yard work -- you know this weather can't last - so it's a fine time to take advantage of it and be outside. My geraniums are still blooming along with most of the stuff still planted in the front yard. I don't think we have had frost, but a few of those cold nights have caused a few things in the garden to bite the dust.

This is the view from my front porch. The colors are really spectacular this year - especially the yellows and oranges. I don't ever remember the park looking as beautiful as it has this Fall.

We have had more than our share of rain this year and more is on the way tonight along with another cold snap. This make today even more enjoyable.


After I put the Halloween decorations away, I decided to bring out my collection of turkeys and pilgrims to decorate the mantle.


Not only am I enjoying being outside working in the garden, but my little buddy, Bailey is keeping me company, and mugging for the camera. Look at that toothy grin - I think he is smiling!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute smile!! Bailey is a sweetie.
It's still in the 70s in Delaware too? What's with this weather?