I have always had a "thing" for aprons -- Me -- who doesn't like to cook, but hey, you have to look good if you're going to attempt it, right.
There was an article in the newspaper last week about aprons and it even mentioned someone from the blogger community about being an apron afficianado. Bree, from Desperate Housewives has also made wearing an apron stylish again. But, did you ever see the price of aprons in those fancy kitchen stores???? What better way to start using up some of this fabric than to try my hand at making some. I think I'll make a few to give as Christmas gifts with the catch-phrase of "Tie One On" for the Holidays!
I have a few apron patterns, but I was having a hard time deciding which kind I wanted to make - heck, I want to make them all, but I need to pick one to start. I llike the kind that goes around your waist, but I'm not that adept in the kitchen, so I know something will go flying and hit my white T-shirt, so maybe I should start with a cover-up apron, but, I really want one of the other ones.
OK, decision has been made, start with the waist style first. I cut one out of a piece of fabric that I bought at Wal-Mart for stockings -- WOW, aprons take a lot of fabric -- who knew??? Of course the one I picked takes bias binding all around the edges (which I was trying to avoid), but, hey, I can do this.... The bias binding went on pretty smoothly -- what was I dreading?
After making the Christmas apron, I decided that I really needed to make ones for Thanksgiving -- it's less than two weeks away.!! I really liked this Thanksgiving fabric, but after I cut out the apron and pocket, I didn't have enough fabric for the bias ties, but I wasn't going to let that get me down, I used another piece of comparable fabric and it turned out looking good. I couldn't find anyone to model it for me, so Bailey agreed to it. I like the kind of apron that covers most of your body.
No comments:
Post a Comment