
Yes, it's Groundhog Day and Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow today, which, according to German folklore, means folks can expect an early spring instead of six more weeks of winter. Thirteen of the last 15 days we have had snow, but nothing more than a trace of snow each time. Mind you, I'm not complaining because I would rather be sewing than shoveling snow. However, our streets contain enough salt to melt a small arctic country.
On Wednesday evening, I attempted to use my sewing machine to do the blanket-stitch around the stars in the Cookie Cutter Quilt that I am making, however, the machine was not cooperating. I don't know if I'm having a tension problem (the machine - not me, personally), but I just can't get it to come out right and if I try to regulate the stitch length, the stitches just pull right out - ARGH! So, I called it quits.
Since Thursday night is my TV-watching night (gotta love Grey's Anatomy!), I decided that while watching TV, I would start doing the blanket stitch by hand and I completed 6 of the 18 stars. I think the hand-stitching gives is a more homey look, but it's going to take a little longer than I anticipated to work on this one project.... The black embroidery floss looks good on the red stars, but doesn't show up so well on the dark blue one -- so, I think I'm going to have to use ecru or an antique gold. If I'm going to do this by hand, I'm also going to be selfish since I want it to show up.
2 comments:
Ooooohhhhh gold....I like the sounds of that one! Eagerly anticipating an updated photo!
I love that Cookie Cutter quilt. My daughter made one for me... all she has to do is finish the binding, & I can have it for my wall.
I wish we might be getting an early winter... haha.
Post a Comment