Background

Saturday, August 04, 2007

It Must Be the Meds

I've been on a prednisone High for 4 days now and functioning on 4 hours of sleep. I thought I was supposed to be tired??? My house has never looked so clean. I actually ate breakfast in the yard at 6AM with the birds while Mr. Bailey was still sleeping. You don't think 6AM is that early? Well, I had already read the paper, cleaned the kitchen and did a little dead-heading in the garden before breakfast. That's early for me and on a Saturday.




I received a lovely basket of goodies from my circle of friends at work and I've just had so much fun opening all the gifts. It's so nice to have such wonderful friends that know me so well -- there were quilt kits, fat-quarters, quilting magazines, gardening magazines, a tote bag to carry my knitting, angels, garden thingies , seeds, sudoku puzzle book, an electronic sudoku game and all kinds of things to pass the time while doing chemo along with another tote bag to carry my stuff in. (Yes, Meggie, I'm "doing " Chemo!!! LOL!) And, how could I forget ..... lots of chocolate. Chocolate just feeds the soul and makes everything better! If any of you are reading this, thanks Garden Buds!


I'll be taking my teddy bear with me next time, since I was the youngest person in one of the chemo chairs.


My friend that gave me the quilt kits is challenging me to see who can finish their kit first. Won't she be surprised if I have mine finished before going back to work on Monday????? If I keep up this pace, I may just meet that challenge. Or, do I sound like an over-achiever???

We are in the midst of a heat wave here, the 4th straight day in the 90's, so my time outside has been limited to early morning or early evening. I'm afraid that if I melt, I would be a puddle of chemicals.

Thanks again for all of your good wishes and prayers, they must be helping, because I'm feeling good. My granddaughter called me the other night and we had quite the chat (girl talk) and she had me laughing and giggling. It was better medicine than anything in those pill bottles.

11 comments:

meggie said...

Oh Kim, I am so glad you are feeling so good! "DO" whatever you like! LOL.
I find my granddaughter can make me laugh too. Love her to bits!

Lena said...

I've been told that Prednisone can be really something when it comes to cleaning house...and that it can cause you to crave sweets, so all that chocolate should come in handy. What thoughtful friends you have.
Take care Kim. I'm thinking about you!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

What great friends to keep you occupied with all the things you love. I'm amazed to learn of all this abounding energy... hugs for strength and prayers for wellness. Your granddaughter and Bailey sound like just the right medicine, such blessings!

Quilter Kathy said...

That is great news! Enjoy your energy high! You have really been blessed with wonderful friends Kim!

Pam said...

Good to hear you are feeling so well. My neighbour said the same thing when she was "doing her chemo" The prednisone really got her going, and feeling good.

What a great basket you got!! You have wonderful friends :))

ancient one said...

So good to hear how well everything is going for you! Your gifts from your friends look like fun. (hugs)

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like you are on a roll - I expect to hear the quilt done today - Monday. It was so good to hear from you on Friday. Boy when we talk - we can talk. Everything went fine on Saturday - sad but it went good. A chance for Rick and Jeff to say their good-byes to their father and grandfather. Take care - Quilt, quilt, quilt.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Keep up the positive attitude- you sound so strong - this probably will be just a blip of inconvienince and your fairy tale will come true!!

Have a good day!

Lynda (Granny K) said...

So glad to hear that you are coping so well, and what kind friends you have! Looking forward to seeing the quilt.

swooze said...

You sound in great spirits. This will all be behind you before you know it.

The Chicken Lady said...

Well, one good thing is a clean house! That's always nice. And I think taking Teddy to your treatments is a great idea. Then at least you have someone to talk to who won't interrupt! :)