Background

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spring Forth

Yes, it's that time of year - set your clocks up one hour and lose an hour of sleep. This time change does not do well by me - maybe I just don't like to lose anything....especially sleep. Sure, I could go to bed an hour earlier (huh?) and I don't have to go to work on Sunday - so I could sleep an hour later (tell that to Bailey, my creature of habit).


This has been one week that I'm glad it is over. Weather-wise, it was wild. Almost 70-degrees last weekend, then snow on Tuesday, followed by frigid temperatures of 12-20 degrees for the remainder of the week. Yep, I am so ready for Spring.



On WIP Wednesday, I started the applique on Daisy Vines and by Friday I have one panel finished. I was a little too quick to sew together the quilt top and now it's a bear to work on it as a full top rather than just a panel at a time. I'm folding and pinning it so that it's just a panel to try to fit under the machine - I probably should have just did the blanket stitch applique by hand, but I can't switch over now that I started by machine. I think I'll call this quilt "Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda Daisy's". Anyway, here is a photo of the completed panel - it sure looks better with the daisy's and leaves rather than just the stems, don't you think?



Hey, how to you like my "design door"? I don't have enough free wallspace to have a design wall, but I can pin up stuff to the curtain on the door, hence, my Design Door. What's behind that door, you ask? A whole room full of fabric (no pictures of that room - no way - remember, my Mom reads my blog).


In closing, since St. Patrick's Day is only a week away, here is what all of the fashion-conscious dogs are wearing. I would say that he is posing to show off his Irish scarf, but I'm holding his favorite toy to get a better shot. Boy, does he look intense? And, no he really doesn't have those yellow devil eyes -- his version of "red eye" shows up as either bright green or satanic yellow - go figure....

11 comments:

meggie said...

Bailey looks so trusting & eager! He is just gorgeous.
I love those daisies! That is a very nice quilt.
I like the look of the one Bailey is sitting on, also.

dee said...

I just adore that darling dog...your quilt looks like it will be really beautiful. I am enjoying watching the progress. Since I'm not getting anywhere-it's good to see someone who is.

Anonymous said...

I'm with you about the weather - it's been one weird week here in the Mid-Atlantic. Love your daisy quilt - I really like the colors you chose!

Angie said...

Oooh, I love your Daisy Vines...and LOL I like your name for it too! :) I think that's an excellent Design Door--quick thinking!! :D And your little 'precious' looks like a Wizard of Oz 'Toto' boy! :) How cute is that, all dressed up for St. Patrick's Day. :D

Pam said...

It sure does looks better than the with just the long snakes - lol. It is a really pretty quilt.

Bailey looks very handsome in his St. Patrick attire. He looks like he's ready to jump up and grab whatever you have :))

Carole said...

Okay, I just made the connection thanks to Pam's comment. lol More coffee please! Looking good! I like your choice of colour for petals. It works well together. Happy quilting!

The Chicken Lady said...

Oh, gosh, that turned out so cute. I was looking at it close up thinking, "I have that fabric, I have that fabric...". And Bailey is setting the fashion trends for the spring of '07! :)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Woulda-Shoulda daisies are a wonderful harbinger of better-weather on the way! I can't let Hannes see Bailey's neckerchief or he'll want one, too! Great post.

Shelina said...

I hate the time change thing too. It takes me forever to adjust. Just about the time I have adjusted, it is time to change it all over again.

Your daisy quilt is absolutely gorgeous. I wouldn't mind making something like that.

Melinda said...

The daisys look great and I love Bailey in his green scarf.

Nicole & Phil said...

The daisies are looking terrific!
I look forward to seeing more progress!