Background

Friday, December 22, 2006

Are We Having Fun Yet?



Three days until Christmas....When I was a child that would have been magical. Now, as an adult, it means oh-no -- crunch time! Why did I wait until the last minute to wrap gifts, clean, decorate and bake. I thought I was going to be "on top of things" this year since I didn't have to spend a weekend in December picking just the right tree, chopping it down, dragging up the tree stand, arranging with someone to help me put it up -- I caved in last year and joined the rank and file of those with artificial trees. No, it's not one of those fancy 7-foot jobs with the prelit lights - uh-uh, I have a small woodland tree that I strung with lights a few years ago and I just put a big black trash bag over it - so ta-da that part is already done. So why did I wait so long to put it up???? The ornaments!! I thought it looked just fine with lights, a homespun garland and dried cranberries, but I didn't want anyone to think, poor Kim -- that's her pathetic tree. So, I drug out the ornaments and started decorating -- there must be 500 little itty-bitty ornaments on that tree now.

I have spent the better part of today cleaning and all that I have finished is the bathroom (the smallest room in the house) and some of the gifts wrapped. Everytime I think I'm making some headway, I get sidetracked with something else - argh!!!!!!!!!! Gift wrap central is my sewing room. My cutting table is just the right height and perfect for wrapping gifts. I won't say that I dislike wrapping gifts, but, here again, why didn't I start sooner??? The hard part is my new Horn sewing table is just sitting here and I want to be using it. Oh, well -- only 3 more days.

No comments: