Background

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Ready or Not -- Here it Comes


After a terribly dismal day yesterday and more than an inch of rain, we have sunny skies and 60-degree temperatures today. I have all of the windows in the house open to air it out while I clean, clean, clean. It must be something about the sunshine that keeps me going, because I couldn't seem to get out of my own way yesterday.

All of the gifts are wrapped (yippee) except for the stocking stuffers - which get wrapped haphazardly with tissue paper and I can do that as late as tomorrow. The spare bedroom has been cleaned, the kitchen is clean -- all that's left is the dining room. I won't talk about the basement or third floor - they look like a tornado swept through those areas, but noone (and I mean noone) will see them except for ME after everyone leaves.

My New Year's Resolution is to clean house and trash a lot of this junk that I don't know why I hold on to.

If I don't have a chance to post before the big day arrives .. I would like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a most Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

1 comment:

Lena said...

LOL! Well, we'll both agree not to discuss our basements, ok? I think your tree is really pretty. I was hoping for a less stressful holiday too. Then I caught a "bug" and I've been playing catch up all week. A few more days and we'll be wondering why all the fuss.
I hope you have a very happy holiday Kim. Thanks for the kind words you left in Merryville!