Background

Sunday, December 31, 2006

Countdown to the New Year



I don't know why I dislike New Year's Eve so much. Is it that it officially ends the Christmas Season just as I was getting into the spirit of it with the pressure off? Is it the finality of it all? An old year ending -- a new one beginning? I don't make New Year's Resolutions because I know I will never keep them. I just want to enjoy life and not put any restrictions on myself because I made a resolution to do this or not do that!


I could restrict myself on my fabric purchases - that would be a life-altering experience, but would I be happier because of it? Probably not. I do think that I will put off buying any new containers to store it in -- maybe that will force me to use what I have before buying more, but then the stock of Rubbermaid and/or Sterlite will probably go down - sorry guys.


As I look back at 2006, I have noticed a repeating phrase that I have used over and over again -- "Why didn't I start sooner?" or "What am I waiting for, Christmas?" Yes, that will be my goal for 2007 -- stop procrastinating. This could be a life-altering move, it would save my sanity, and I would get things done in a timely manner. I find that if I just jump in and do something, it's never really as bad nor does it take as long as I have made it to be in my mind and, I usually end up enjoying doing it.
Happy New Year -- and to New Beginnings in 2007.

No comments: