
I took a day of vacation to stay home and bake Christmas Cookies. My mother hosts an annual Cookie Swap, which will be this coming Sunday, so I need to bake 9 dozen cookies. It always amazes me how you can end up with powdered sugar -- EVERYWHERE!
It's a good day to be stuck inside in the kitchen. The high temperature is only going to be 35-degrees with a wind chill of 6-degrees...brrrr...that's cold, even by my standards. However, with the oven on and the heat kicked WAY back, it's pretty toasty in there. I sure wish I had my helper like I did at Thanksgiving. Bailey takes care of any crumbs that hit the floor, but Kylie kept me on track -- I miss her being here.
It took me all day (I'm not speedy in the kitchen, but I am organized with minimal mess) and I have 12 -dozen Peppermint Snowball cookies made for Kylie and 12-dozen Santa's Whiskers made for me for Sunday's Cookie Swap.
I also made 4-dozen Cinnamon Nut Spice cookies just because I had all of the stuff handy. I started baking at 8:30 a.m. and finally cleaned up the kitchen at 6:30 p.m. I'm kinda sick of looking at cookies -- so there is no temptation to eat any of them.I still don't have my tree up, nor any decorating done except for the wreath's on the windows. One of my neighbors has one of those deer that lights up and the head moves -- Bailey just loves it and stands at the fence mesmerized by the head moving. I'm still thinking about going out to buy one for him, if there are any left in the stores, otherwise, he can just enjoy my neighbor's.
I went out to do a little Christmas shopping tonight and ended up buying stuff for myself. Did I really need those teal Isotoner gloves that match the trim on my coat? Of course.
3 comments:
I'm curious. Do your Peppermint Snowballs resemble Russian Teacakes? I have a recipe that is similar to the RT but you roll them in powdered sugar and cushed peppermint candies. There is also a thumbprint filled with a peppermint filling. If your cookie is similar then it is the first time I've run across one like mine.
I feel *quite* sure you need the gloves, if it's 35 outside! The cookies sound scrumptious, but I'm not going to be tempted into making any this year.
I made cookies this year, have stored them too long in the freezer, and find that they have somehow disappeared in their frozen state. Fabric multiplies, chocolate and cookies disappear. Is there a message somehow in this? Happy New Year from Listmom Sandra-- Stashbuster
Post a Comment