Background

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

The Day After Christmas

As I look at all of my Christmas gifts, I feel so blessed. Mom gave me a Horn Sewing Table, which I can now use without feeling guilty -- or should I say, now I can feel quilty!! and Gift Cards for two of my favorite stores - Joann's and Borders.

Bob gave me a new digital camera and photo printer, which I haven't even fooled with yet. First I have to read the directions - it has so many more "bells and whistles" than my previous digital camera and it's so much smaller.

After everyone left on Christmas and I returned home, I was pleasantly surprised at how neat and tidy the house looked. Bailey had a wonderful Christmas, too, but he was one tired pup; and so was his Mom.

My favorite part of the day after Christmas is checking out the sales. And, since I was armed with gift certificates for Joann's - what better place to start. Traffic was unbelievable on I-95, but the stores didn't seem that crowded and the sales!!!! Oh-my. I'm not usually that good at math, but I can calculate 60-70% off in my head like nobody's business. I did manage to stock up on tissue paper, Christmas tins and some stocking stuffers for next year.

Did I buy fabric? Of course. The Christmas fabric was pretty picked over, but I did find a few pieces that would make great aprons or gift bags for next year. I also picked up the "Handmade Country Christmas Crafts Collectors' Edition" which has some "must do's" for next year. As I have said before, I just love these Australian magazines because they combine my two loves - embroidery and quilting - together.

There is just something about wandering around in Joann's that gets my creative juices flowing and the cart laden with goodies that I just can't pass up. I'm going to be one busy bee and I just can't wait to get started -- but where to start?

The day after also left me with two disappointments: I have a strand of lights out in the middle of my Christmas tree and my microwave died -- it could be worse.....

No comments: