Background

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year - 2007

I decided to get a head start on my New Year's resolution of not procrastinating and I spent New Year's Eve ironing fabric until the ball dropped - I really need to get a life.

Here is some of the new apron fabrics that I bought this week - laundered, ironed and just begging to be cut into.

I bought these dog prints just because ... no reason .. no real idea in mind, but it just screams make a dog quilt and Bailey could really use a new quilt.


This is just some holiday fabric that I got on sale and couldn't pass up - yes, I told you I'm weak when it comes to a sale.


I also love Civil war prints and these were on the $3.00 table at Hancock's and since I collect roosters, I just have to have an apron made out of this chicken fabric.



And finally, some neutrals. The peach color will be used for skin tone for Santa Clause on a project that I'm debating about starting now for next year. The pink on the bottom will probably be something for Kylie, since she just loves anything pink.

It feels good to have these fabrics all ready to cut into and I'm glad I didn't put off until tomorrow what I could do tonight.


My grandmother always said that whatever you do on New Year's Day is a sign of what you will do the rest of the year -- and I don't want to spend 2007 ironing. So the plan for tomorrow, um, I mean today is to sew, sew, sew.

Bailey and I wish you a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year -- Welcome 2007!



6 comments:

Susan said...

What a lovely lot of fabric! Those apron fabrics look fabulous, as do all of them, of course. Wondering what the others will end up being.

Lena said...

Wow , what a lot of wonderful inspiration you have there in front of you. I love fabric, especially old fashioned prints like those Civil War era ones that you've picked out. Our Hancock stores in this area have all closed and a favorite quilting store as well. My choices are becoming limited (3 Joanne's)unless I start shopping online, or drive quite a distance.
I'm bad about putting things off too. Blogging is actually helping me with that, because I have to get a few things done early enough to post about them. LOL! Truly, it's one reason that I started blogging...to encourage my crafting.
Happy New Year!

Angie said...

Hi Kim, I just found your blog through Su Bee's, and I'm so glad I did! ;) What a lovely haul of fabrics you got on sale! And those aprons are just lovely...as as the three ladies modeling them! ;p And Bailey...well, I have two wienie dogs, always wanted a little silky haired Yorkie, but my two 'boys' are my children. :) Happy New Year!

Patti said...

Hmmm . . . there are a lot worse things to do than ironing new fabric. To me that's lots of fun - until I have to try to figure out where to put it on my overflowing shelves!

I hope I don't spend the rest of the year doing what I did today - putting away Christmas stuff. At least I was finally able to do so. The rest of the day was spent reading email and blogs - I know I'll be doing a lot of that in 2007!

1chartfp@comcast.net

Jane Ann said...

Kim, Patti just pointed me to your blog, and I see you are from Wilmington. I'm here in Tennessee but I've been to Wilmington a few times on business years ago (I managed the Nashville Calico Corners store). I LOVE your part of the country. I'll be checking back with you this year.

I sure hope your grandmother is right. It's bedtime so it would be too late to make up for a wasted day. Fortunately, I spent the day washing and ironing new pieces for my stash, blogging, and finished the binding for a quilt I've been working on for some time. It's in the washer as I type. If this is how 2007 is going to go for me, I'm thrilled!

Happy New Year!

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Kim, Just found you by the comment you left on my blog. It looks like a lot of us quilters were sorting fabric over the weekend. I spent most of Sunday doing that, too. It did feel good to get it all done.

All I did was work on New Year's Day (and made the cardinal block at night) so I hope your grandmother is not right. I'm getting tired of working!

I like chickens, too. I have roosters all over my kitchen.