Background

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Winter Has Finally Arrived


Here it is the 20th of January and winter has finally arrived –and with a vengeance. Freezing temperatures have finally descended on us along with 40+MPH winds. In my drafty house, it's COLD. However, Bailey has found a nice warm spot to hibernate. Talk about living a dog's life - he sure knows how to be good to himself.


I guess it's an appropriate day to work on my Snowman Thru The Year quilt top. I want to thank everyone who offered me comments on the border; and yes, I am going to do a double border with the inner border being red, to offset that dark blue (which didn't look quite so dark when I picked it out to make the shoo-fly blocks).

I was really enjoying those warmer temperatures that we had in December and early January and was truly grateful that we escaped the weather that the west coast and midwest were suffering with. I knew we would get winter eventually, but it is a little easier to take when it is a gradual easing into the colder temperatures; and not the "smack you in the face" kinda change.

1 comment:

meggie said...

Oh Bailey looks so cosy!

I am not keen on doing mitred corners either! Find them almost impossible to get a good result.
So I tend to stick to safe, & just go without mitreing.LOL.