We are setting a weather record today - 73-degree temperatures in January. I have the windows open, the sun is shining and a beautiful breeze is waifting through the house, airing out the smell of winter.
I want to be outside, but there isn't much I can do outside except enjoy the fresh air and play throw the tennis ball to Bailey, so I'm trying to keep up my sewing momentum by sewing together the 9-patch and hourglass quilt top.
The Supervisor is barking that the mailman is here and looky-looky what I got ............
another one of the parcels that I ordered off of the internet while I was in my slump. I may not have felt like sewing, but I sure did some buying. The Fat Quarter Shop has these neat charm square packets, so I ordered these :
and since I needed a quick 'fix' to do something with these cute little charm packs....I also ordered this:
I want to be outside, but there isn't much I can do outside except enjoy the fresh air and play throw the tennis ball to Bailey, so I'm trying to keep up my sewing momentum by sewing together the 9-patch and hourglass quilt top.
The Supervisor is barking that the mailman is here and looky-looky what I got ............
another one of the parcels that I ordered off of the internet while I was in my slump. I may not have felt like sewing, but I sure did some buying. The Fat Quarter Shop has these neat charm square packets, so I ordered these :and since I needed a quick 'fix' to do something with these cute little charm packs....I also ordered this:
I think The Fat Quarter Shop was just what I needed to get out of my slump and I think we are going to become fast friends. Isn't shopping over the internet just the greatest? You don't get the touchy-feely sensation that you do in a fabric store, but, oh-my, the selection of fabrics is just wonderful. Whoever thought up these Charm Packs ....just a sampling of everything that is in a fabric line.....was a genius!
I had this really nice T-Fal iron and it died today (insert eulogy for a good iron) and I decided
that I will no longer buy an expensive iron. I've had nothing but problems with Rowenta irons leaking all over the place and spitting rust flecks, so I went with the T-Fal one - which served me well for 18 months. I went to Target in search of the cheapest iron that I could find and low and behold -- I got this Westinghouse iron for $9.99 and I must say, it's not a bad little iron, either, although it does not have an automatic shut-off -- and maybe that's not a bad thing. Don't you get tired of having to jump up and turn it on, every time you're ready to press something? I do.
that I will no longer buy an expensive iron. I've had nothing but problems with Rowenta irons leaking all over the place and spitting rust flecks, so I went with the T-Fal one - which served me well for 18 months. I went to Target in search of the cheapest iron that I could find and low and behold -- I got this Westinghouse iron for $9.99 and I must say, it's not a bad little iron, either, although it does not have an automatic shut-off -- and maybe that's not a bad thing. Don't you get tired of having to jump up and turn it on, every time you're ready to press something? I do.



11 comments:
I am enjoying your blogs! That 9 patch is looking very good.
My little Honey has to check out the layout of my quilts too, & then she likes to just sit awhile on them- if I let her.
I am seriously in that slump!
My cousin tried to send me a pattern, via email yesterday- I realised I have the book with the pattern! No excuse not to get going!
But like you, I had a tidy up... & now where the hell is everything??
I like Fat Quarter Shop too. She always has a great variety of fabrics. Sometimes a package of fabric in the mail is just the Quilt Doctor orders. Have fun!
Oh honey, I hear you about the weather! They predicted 63 here today...it ONLY made it to 59. LOL So we both need to put out 'puddles' of water...we haven't had snow here in so long I've about forgotten what it's like, and oh I do long for a GOOD snow (well, okay, even a LITTLE snow LOL). BTW, Bailey is just too cute...I always wanted a little silky-haired terrier. Instead, I have two short-haired wienie dogs. ;p
And I'm in the trough with you and Meggie on that quilting slump, altho I'm trying really really hard to work up some enthusiasm by agreeing to do a couple of things with several other blog buddies. I always hesitate to agree cause I'm sooooo bad at 'finishing' anything!! :)
Everybody seems to have iron problems and I have read about several that had the same issues with Rowenta. I have a Europro cordless that has been doing well for a couple of years. Knock on wood! Good luck with getting your quilting jump started. I cleaned my studio today and I hope that tomorrow I will really get to it.
Hee,hee - I see what a bad influence I'm having on you! Wait until I post a picture of my jelly rolls! I got 4 charm packs in the mail yesterday - I so love them!
1chartfp@comcast.net
Hee,hee - I see what a bad influence I'm having on you! Wait until I post a picture of my jelly rolls! I got 4 charm packs in the mail yesterday - I so love them!
1chartfp@comcast.net
Your charm packs look like fun. I hope they do help you get back into the swing of quilting. I was in a slump last year and can sympathize.
Irons -- waiting for the iron to turn back on is annoying, but I'd rather have that than worry about whether or not I turned the dumb thing off....
I am waiting for a parcel from the same place too - I am hoping that when it arrives it will help with my slump. If it doesn't then I will have fun just touching. It is easy to be tempted...
Hi Kim, I wanted to comiserate with you regarding the iron. I had a whole big thing with Rowenta and their most expensive super-whoopie iron that leaked on day 2. I went back to my black&decker only this time I bought the new one they now make which is supposed to compare to more expensive ones. It's gret, and very heavy, huge water capacity and it gets verrrry hot. I love the charm packs-I've gotten several from Hancocks. they're like candy.
Don't you just love the mailman???? They get all the credit for bringing you beautiful fabric....As long as an iron turns itself off (I'm forgettful).. I call it a good iron.
When my son left to go to school last year, I sent my iron with the auto shut off with him. It drove me nuts when I was trying to sew! I bought an inexpensive iron to replace it and I've been happy with mine too.
The weather is really wacky all over. Lots of the Norwegian bloggers and the ones from Ontario are complaining of no snow.
It is supposed to snow here tonight and we rarely have it!
Post a Comment