Background

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WIP Wednesday

I received an email today that it is WIP (Work in Progress) Wednesday (thanks Deb!).

Since it's a "W" day, I also made a Wal-Mart run at lunchtime and found myself with someone asking to help me in the fabric department -- that's a switch, I usually have to ring the bell like a crazy woman or page someone. I was also amazed at how well stock the fabric department was with spring-y fabric as was the calico wall. However, it doesn't look good for the fabric department at Wal-Mart continuing. This is bad on so many levels.


OK, back to "WIP" Wednesday. I'm still working on the 9-patch and hourglass quilt. I have 8 rows sewn together (128 blocks), so I am half done. This was not an easy feat with a sleeping dog parked in the middle of the top that I'm working on.




Once he wore up, he decided the top was a good place to gnaw on his chewy. It looks like he is staking his claim on this quilt. I guess I should be glad that he appreciates a quilt-making mama, but how does he know exactly the row I want to sew together and park his behind in that spot?


Earlier this week, I went to Hancock's with a friend at lunchtime (all this temptation at lunchtime - yikes) and I was like a kid in a candy store at the bin of fat quarters. Look at these lucious goodies that I picked up. I have no idea what I'm going to do with them, but they are just so spring-like and I'm ready for spring.
I'm beginning to think that "WIP" Wednesday is more Why I Purchase rather than Work in Progress.
Well, I'd better get back to work. Once I get to the half way point on a quilt, I start looking at it with a very critical eye -- not always a good thing -- and I stall, which is why I probably have so many UFO's. I'm going to keep plugging away on this one. I'd like to be adding the borders by next WIP Wednesday -- and I already have the fabric for that...so no need for more shopping.

7 comments:

meggie said...

That quilt is looking lovely.
I love scrap quilts & the bright colours.

Suzanne Earley said...

Great looking quilt.

Silly dog! -- this is why I have a design wall. If I try to lay stuff out on the floor, here comes the dog wanting to check it out (and lay on it).

(And we have so many pictures of dogs lying on their backs asleep like that...very cute...)

Granny Fran said...

That is such a lovely quilt, I love that pattern. It's amazing how much you can do with a simple nine patch.
Glad you liked my Journal Quilts on my blog.

Sue said...

I really beleive that dogs are very smart and like you adorable mate, mine little dog loves to sit on my quilt. Perhaps they were quilters in another life or perhaps they just have good taste

Paula, the quilter said...

I'll say it again, I like this quilt. I'm a sucker for 9patches.

bingo~bonnie said...

I like your WIP Wednesday post and I noticed it on another quilter's blog. What a great idea to give a weekly report on a WIP. Mind if I do the same on my blog?? :c) ~Bonnie

Meredith said...

Nice bright and cheery 9 patch. They never go out of style.