Background

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Back in the Saddle Again

We finally went out to celebrate Bob's 30th birthday last night at a cute little Italian restaurant and had a wonderful time - good food and good company and a glass of wine - what's not to love ?
Of course, Bailey wasn't too happy that he couldn't join us and was really disappointed when he didn't get a doggy bag.




I very rarely post this kind of stuff, but every once in a while, I stumble across something that totally astounds me. That just by answering a few questions, I can get something that sound so much like me, just blows me away. And to think, I thought I chose a Blue Blog because my favorite color is blue - who knew?





Your Blog Should Be Blue


Your blog is a peaceful, calming force in the blogosphere.
You tend to avoid conflict - you're more likely to share than rant.
From your social causes to cute pet photos, your life is a (mostly) open book.



After doing a lot (OK - too much) of Blog-Hopping today, I decided that I need to start on something new just to give myself a jump start. So, I decided to knock-off this from Quite-Quilted and start using up some of the bins of homespun plaids. My sewing room is a mess as I have been tearing out this and flinging that trying to find just the right plaids and I couldn't be happier.





I also have been in the mood to work with some of the bright and novelty prints that I have accumulated over the years, and I started this as a Leader/Ender project when doing the 9-patches. The nice part of this is that the star points don't come all the way out to the edges - so there are no cut-off points. This was a freebie pattern from P&B Textiles called Star Fling by Terry Atkinson. Aren't these prints just so cheerful? It's a real stretch for me to work with these colors - but it's been fun. Of course, I still have 14 more blocks to make.




I've also been knitting hats for Newborns In Need when I sit down to watch TV. It's amazing how fast these seem to fly off the needles. Now they all need pom-poms - a chore that I rank right up there with putting the borders on a quilt.
I've had a terrible time with Blogger today trying to upload this post and I've noticed that a lot of comments that I made on blogs today just never showed up.

5 comments:

Pam said...

Good grief...you make me tired...LOL you are getting so much done. Love the little knitted caps!

Lena said...

I love the caps too and it's thoughtful of you to spend your time in such a way.
Glad you're enjoying your new camera. The one I've been using is a hand me down and older. I struggle sometimes to get good pictures...especially close ups. My son has a new camera and he took a few pictures for me yesterday. Wow, what a difference! It has a macro lense and even the tiniest stitches ect. show up.
I wish something would inspire and jump start me!

meggie said...

Nice post, I really enjoyed it. I love Bailey! Also love those bright stars!! I love bright colours, & find I dont care for the dull, 'country' colours so much.

SuBee said...

Blue really is You, isn't it? LOL! Those are fun! Bailey is too cute -- no doggy bag for those puppy-dog eyes?

Melinda said...

I love seeing Bailey. I have Max - he is also a Yorkie and is getting old. We love him so much, aren't Yorkies wonderful!

I also like your bright quilts - I am going through a bright phase myself.