Background

Sunday, October 08, 2006

A Beautiful Day for a Parade

Today is the Pulaski Day Parade. They blocked off our street about 12:45 p.m. so the bands could start setting up. Blue sky - 70-degrees -- you couldn't ask for a better day.


Bailey and I walked down about 1:30 p.m. to get a good spot at the beginning of the parade route. Bailey just loves a parade - I think he would have preferred marching than watching. But, then his friend Snowball showed up and he was more interested in playing than the parade at all.

Woodland String Band was setting up right in front of us and they were having a great time entertaining the crowd. Their music just makes you want to tap your feet and do a little "Mummering".


I was a little disappointed that the parade was so short. Not too many of the politicians showed up - guess they don't need our vote.

Just as we thought the parade was almost over -- Hegeman's String Band's bus showed up. Luckily they were already in costume as they grabbed their instruments and had to run to catch up to the parade.

I spent more time in the yard today sweeping up leaves. I don't know why the leaves bother me so much -- maybe because I don't own a tree!!! It does look so nice once it's swept up. Hmmmm.... Maybe I'll light the grill and barbecue some chicken for dinner.

No comments: