
I still haven't gotten my sewing mojo back, but I have been knitting. I have completed day four of the Monthly Dishcloth KAL and I think, after I took this picture, that I can tell what the design will be, but I'm not 100% sure yet. I did end up using the Size #6 needles like the pattern called for and, yes, it is really small, but it is working up quite well and I'm happy with it.
I also printed out a pattern for a soap sack, http://www.knittingknonsense.com/awarenessribbon_soapsack.html and it
worked up very fast. I finished it, put some Yardley lavender soap inside of it, threaded a purple grossgrain ribbon thru the eyelets and tied a bow. It smells heavenly. Even if I don't use it in the bath, it will be a nice addition to a lingerie drawer. I like it so much that I've decided to make a few more as Christmas gifts. The lavender soap reminds me of my grandmother.What's up with the weather? After the coolest September on record, October has shown us some 80-degree days. The only thing that makes it not feel like summer is that it gets dark at 7:00 p.m. After pulling out the rag quilt a few nights ago - I'm ready to put the A/C back on -- just kidding.

Well, my little buddy is just begging for some attention, so after a few tosses of the tennis ball, I'm going to start sewing. Our sewing guild is doing a Christmas stocking project in October, so my plan for tonight is to cut out some stockings and linings. As soon as I start cutting them, I'm hoping my sewing mojo comes back and I will feel like sewing them.
No comments:
Post a Comment