Background

Saturday, October 07, 2006

It's Another Rainy Day....A Good Day to Sit and Sew

Yes, it's raining yet again. Has 2006 been the wettest year on record? I can't seem to remember a week that it didn't rain. At least it's not torrential rain -- more like a "good for the garden" kind of rain. And, yes, the garden is still looking pretty good.

I've just had one of those weeks - like trying to sweep leaves in a windstorm -- everything I did just seem fruitless. BUT, all of that is going to change. If my mojo isn't going to come back on it's own - I'm going to grab it and take it back. Yes, I am dedicating today to doing some sewing.

Well, I turned on the sewing machine, sewed three stitches and blew a fuse! Is that what kind of day it's going to be? Harumph.......I went down to the kitchen, found a fuse, and the basement light is out. Back to the kitchen for a flashlight. OK, I'm ready to do battle. Of course, the fuse box is at the far end of the basement, but I flipped on the switch, so I can tell when the lights come back on. Here I am, trying to balance the flashlight under my chin, hold the new fuse and take out the old fuse -- can you say multi-tasking??? Just as I touch the old fuse and get ready to take it out - the lights come back on. This is just too eerie....and it's full moon - The Harvest Moon! Do you think my mojo is trying to tell me something?

I still have my December snowman block to finish embroidering, which I want to finish during the daylight. I don't know if it's my old eyes or bad lighting in the living room, but I had a hard time trying to see the design last night. I do have the Shoo-Fly blocks made and they are waiting for the embroidered block to be finished on the December block. I also have the August/September/October row sewed to the quilt top.

I have a few errands to run, so I'm going to take advantage of the fact that the rain has stopped for a while. I'm not looking forward to going to Home Depot on a Saturday. I need some mums for the front porch, daffodil bulbs and a flapper for the toilet. I just love these big box stores for that reason - one-stop shopping.

No comments: