
It's another gorgeous day. Blue sky, lots of sunshine and a promise of 70-degree temperatures. I have all of the windows opened and the breeze is just waifting through the house. Also, today is a vacation day. I was up early so I don't piss the day away.
After my morning ritual of coffee, the crossword puzzle and sudoku, I came up to my sewing room and got started on the Christmas stocking project that I keep putting off. I need to complete one to use as a prototype because I get confused on how to put on the cuff and then flip it. So if I have one done, I can keep referring back to it. So far, I have 11 linings, 2 stockings and hangers, and eight cuff ready for assembly. Since my sewing machine has some fancy stitches on it, I'll do something to jazz up the white muslin that I'm using for the cuffs.
Unfortunately, it's just too nice outside to be stuck in the house. I really need to clean my grill (it's kinda disgusting) before I cook dinner on it and I'm sick of looking at those tomato plants (they are ready for the trash).
I'll get back to sewing later this evening -- I just need to enjoy the sunny weather before it turns cold and rainy (predicted for later this week).

I'm so pleased with my knock-out rose bush -- it has been in bloom constantly since Mother's Day. My mother gave it to me last year for Mother's Day and it's a great rose bush, resistant to black spot and even the Japanese beetles weren't too bad with it like they were with my other roses.
No comments:
Post a Comment