
Last night Bob and Lesley went to a Halloween party as pirates. They stopped at the house on their way home and agreed to pose for a few pictures.
Kylie and I were busy working on Bailey's costume - nothing like waiting for the last minute - and things were not going smoothly. I either couldn't find what I was looking for (which was sitting right in front of me) or I put something together wrong. Once again, the seam ripper was my friend.

After numerous "try ons" we got Bailey to reluctantly wear his costume. Unfortunately, you can't use pins when trying something on a dog (don't ask me how I know this). His wings kept getting caught on his antennae, so I had to take the wings off and sew them on in the opposite direction. In this picture, we were trying to teach him to flit around like a butterfly. Bailey decided that he liked jumping off the landing and that made his wings flap, but he is so quick, that I couldn't capture it on film. Ky was such a big help with getting him to wear the costume - Bailey will do anything for Kylie.
Kylie didn't want to be left out, so she donned her costume, too.
Bailey and Kylie will look so cute walking together in the Halloween parade. So, now we have two pirates, a fairy princess and a butterfly. As windy as it has been today, if the fairy princess and butterfly went outside, they would probably fly away!!!After a little bit of staging, we have the makings of a family portrait.
However, I don't think Captain Jack would be dreaming of a pink fairy -- unless he had a lot of rum.I'm thankful that all of the Halloween costumes are now done, and I'm anxious for the parade. It's hard to believe that Thanksgiving and Christmas are right around the corner.
No comments:
Post a Comment