Background

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sew It's Sunday



Yes, I'm thinking about Halloween today. I knew I would wake up obsessing over not having Ky's Halloween costume started yet. So, this morning, I started cutting out the costume and overlay before going to Mass.

Horrors, I don't have enough of the overlay for the sleeves. I bought the required yardage, but, what I bought was only 45" wide rather than 60" wide.

I guess a trip to Joann's is in order -- I need one more yard for the sleeves. All of the Halloween fabric was right in the front of the store and 50% off, but they didn't have what I went for. Hmmm.. Do I make a trip up I-95 to another Joann's? As I strolled around the store looking for some bias tape, I found what I was looking for in the Bridal Section AND there was only one-yard left. Talk about luck. However, they didn't have the light pink bias tape. So, that means a trip to Hancock's. Ohhh, Hancock's had some beautiful Christmas fabric [on sale, too], much nicer than what Joann's or Wal-Mart has. I feel another trip to Hancock's later in the week -- maybe as my reward for finishing the Halloween costume.

Now, I still need to finish cutting out the costume and, hopefully, serge the overlay onto the fabric tonight. I'd like to say that I would like to finish the costume tonight, but that's just not realistic. Hopefully, I can have it finished by Wednesday -- Wish me luck!

No comments: