
Pincushions. I've always had an infatuation with pincushions. My mother had this tomato pincushion with a little strawberry emery attached to it when I was a kid. Why was a strawberry attached to a tomato? Who knows. I was a kid - it was cool!
I think that was what sparked my interest in sewing -- owning a pincushion -- and it didn't stop with just one. Believe it or not, I don't own a tomato pincushion.
I had one of those magnetic pin-grabbers, but I learned the hard way that you don't put a magnetic pincushion next to a computerized sewing machine - the sewing machine started sewing by itself and $300 later - it (the sewing machine) still never quite worked right.
My favorite pincushion is the one in front with the dog thread catcher. That sits by my sewing machine. The rest of them are usually in various rooms of the house. I also learned the hard way that you don't use the arm of the chair as a pincushion (enough said on that one.)
The weather has been just lovely today. It's a balmy 67 degrees. It's kind of funny that 67-degrees sounds balmy in October, but when I only turn the heat up to 67-degrees in January, I'd be freezing.
Bailey has taken up residence in his favorite chair in my sewing room. He just loves to lay on freshly pressed fabric and batting. Even though, I've spent a lot of time in my sewing room this weekend, I haven't even turned on the sewing machine. The sun is streaming in the room and a nice breeze is coming in the open window. I should feel creative, but instead I feel like I've hit a brick wall.
I want my mojo back - I need it, I crave it - so why is it just out of my reach? I have a deadline with Kylie's Halloween costume, but I just don't feel like working on it just yet. I've Blog-hopped to all of my favorite sites looking for inspiration, but that hasn't helped. I started on the October Dishcloth KAL to side-track myself, but when I got to row 6, I realized that I had only cast on 31 stitches, rather than 32 - so that had to be ripped out. E-wwww, it's starting to sound like my But-itis has come back - and I don't like it.
Gratitudes:
- Lazy Sunday afternoons
- Left-overs - so I don't have to cook
- Sunshine and blue skies

No comments:
Post a Comment