I had decided that the easiest project to work on today would be my Snowman BOM. I only had three Shoo-Fly blocks to make -- what was I waiting for? Christmas?!?! I could sew the two Shoo-fly blocks to August, September and October to complete the row. But where are the Shoo-Fly blocks? Certainly not with the snowman blocks. ARGH!!!!!!!!!
My luck did change. I discovered the shoo-fly blocks hidden under a pile of fabric AND I only have two more to do - not the 3 I thought - Woo Hoo!

I used my 40% off coupon at Joann Fabrics and I now have a new toy - An Olfa 360-degree rotating mat with smooth rotating action which simplifies piecework when making multiple cuts. This eliminates the need to turn your body and makes cutting all those half-squares triangles so much easier. I had been wanting a Brooklyn Revolver, but didn't want to pay the hefty price for it and who can resist 40% off -- Not me!
The October Dishcloth KAL starts tomorrow. I need to finish something up before my Size #6 knitting needles are available, or I could run down to A.C.Moore and buy a new pair, or use Size #7's. Decisions, decisions! I finally blocked the mid-September KAL and I like it a lot better now that it is blocked.
The black background seems to show off the holes a little better than on the white background. I need to figure out a better way to photograph these.
No comments:
Post a Comment