Background

Friday, September 22, 2006

Do You Sudoku?


The Sudoku craze has really caught on and since no one loves a puzzle more than me, I was bitten by the bug last December 17, 2005.

I remember the date because it was my birthday. Bailey had a grooming appointment early that day and we were running late, so I grabbed the puzzle section of the newspaper to take with me as I treated myself to a $5.00 cup of Starbucks coffee and sat in Barnes and Nobel to do the puzzle. Below the crossword puzzle was this funny looking puzzle that used numbers. Sudoku was everywhere, so I bought different versions of the puzzle for Christmas gifts. Hey, if I was going to be bitten by the bug, I was taking everyone with me!

Fast forward about six months (July 1, 2006) and I just completed my first "HARD" sudoku puzzle. This was the first "Hard" puzzle that I did without so many erasures that the puzzle looked like swiss cheese - so I memorialized that puzzle with a quilt. Sudoku works great for a quilt top - 9 FQ's cut to size with no repeats in each block and framed with a black border.

Right now this quilt top is in my UFO pile, but it should be making its way to the top. I haven't completed a "Hard" sudoku since this one, although I still attempt to do it everyday.

So, do you Sudoku?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the Quilting 4 Pleasure loop! I'm having fun reading through your blog. I LOVE to Sudoku!! I just love your sudoku quilt!! What a great idea. I'm off to read more.