Background

Monday, September 04, 2006

Happy Labor Day




Good bye Ernesto and hello sunshine. After Ernesto departed, leaving a mess to clean up, the sun came out and the weather has been beautiful September-like weather for the remainder of the Holiday weekend.

Progress report: I now have the September and October snowmen blocks completed for a total of seven finished (January, February, March, June, July, September and October). The June/July row has been sewn to the previous two. So, I only have three more Shoo-Fly blocks left to make.

My knitting project has been working on knitted dish cloths with a free pattern that I got off of the internet. I can see why this pattern was free - it was the hardest pattern to try to read for a novice knitter. I now have a whole new respect for knitters that can follow a pattern. However, I did learn to increase stitches and make eyelets.

I'm still working on baby hats, too. I'm currently working on making Santa hats, which involves a color change - another learning opportunity for me!

I've spent entirely too much time over the weekend Blog-hopping, but the creativity was just too inspirational to stop.

Well, today is the last day of Joann Fabrics 3-day sale, so I'm thinking I may just pop on down. If I could just put on blinders as I pass the fabric aisles and FQ's, I may be OK. However, 50% off on thread is too much to pass up.

Wish me luck!

No comments: