Background

Monday, September 18, 2006

Just Us Chickens

I'm teaching a class tonight at our ASG Meeting on how to make chicken pincushions. I have a few different free patterns that I obtained off the internet (what did we do before the internet?) and I combined 3 different patterns to get the design I wanted.


Yes, those squares and triangles are going to become chicken pincushions. Don't you just love the one with the flowerhead pin googley eyes? These are my samples and I have kits made up for the ladies to make-and-take. I'll be glad when this is just a memory!!


Here's Annie, the red-headed chicken. I always have to make at least one red-head in the bunch. Instead of a red comb, she has eyelash yarn for her hair. I just think she is so cute and I think she will be a hit with the class.

I'm also working on Day #3 of the Monthly Dishcloth KAL. I'm posting a picture through row #26 just to see how it looks. I think it looks good and I must admit, that I like working with the bamboo needles. I also love that soft teal color cotton yarn. This KAL is done on blind faith and I'm pretty proud of myself that I've been able to keep up.


No comments: