Background

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Pick Up The Pieces

During my blog-hopping yesterday I enviously looked at all of those gorgeous, spacious sewing rooms and it's no wonder those people are "sew " creative. Me, not so much. Maybe if the computer didn't share the space with my sewing room, I would get more done -- maybe not. So, I decided to take a few shots of my sewing room -- thankfully, my Mother doesn't read my Blog - she would be horrified. I didn't seem to inherit the "clean gene ", you know.

Here is my cutting table area - just, look at that mess!!! Step Number 1 is to Clean It Off. How could I possibly work on it when it is such a mess - just keep saying "Clutter is the Devil's Workshop". OK, that shamed me into clearing it off, wiping it down - whew, much better. However, underneath the table is going to take some work - it's really organized clutter -- all projects are sorted in different boxes and bins. I also found one of the rulers that I was looking for.

This next shot is a view of the room as you walk in -- it doesn't seem so bad. Lots of light this time of the morning - and this is when I am most creative. It's just a shame that I'm usually at work to support my crafting habit - this time of day. The light is not as good in the evening, even with the white walls.


This isn't one of those spacious rooms, but everything is rather convenient. I can usually find what I'm looking for - so that's not so bad. I tried lowering the ironing board, so I would just have to swivel to press seams, but I kind of like the aerobic exercise of jumping up to press, sitting back down, jumping up, etc.

This next shot is of the serger area and catch-all center. I don't know why I call it the serger area, there isn't even a plug to use it over there - it's more of a storage area and my UFO's are stacked up (literally) on top of one another on a drying rack. I thought if I could constantly see them, it would inspire me to work on them. Hence, finishing things is not my "strong suit" unless I have a deadline. Reminder: Christmas is only 3.5 months away. See that chair on the right, I've never sat in that chair, but I can usually find Bailey sleeping in it while I'm trying to work - so it stays.

Hopefully, these pictures will shame me into cleaning up this room, it's a nice bright room, just small. Or, maybe I should show them to my Mother and let her scold me, but then she won't get a quilty-item for Christmas (he-he)!

No comments: