Background

Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Ides of September Are Upon Us


Can it really be the middle of September already? A little over three months until Christmas?? I even bought my first Christmas gift this week. I have a tight-knit group of co-workers that I get together with at least once a month and we either celebrate birthdays, holidays, or just life, in general. We just like to use any excuse to get together and we always have so much fun. So, we picked out Pollyanna names for our annual Christmas party and the gift that I ordered arrived on Friday and it is just perfect - I liked it so much, that I'm glad I ordered one for me too. Here is a picture of it, The Country Stitcher lamp that I ordered from Collections, Etc. and I just know that Susan will love it too. I only hope that she doesn't read my Blog.



We have had another rainy week. Whenever we get rain, the dreaded "stalled front" just seems to sit over top of us for days on end. AND, we've had a lot of rain this summer. However, now that the roof is fixed, no more Drip-Drip-Drip - I Love it! It seems funny to say summer since we have had much cooler temperatures this week (jeans weather), so it feels more like autumn. I'm grateful for being able to turn off the A/C and open the windows (even if I have to run around and shut them again when the rain starts back up).

Progress report on Snow Shoos -- I have finished embroidering the August, September, and October blocks and they are pressed and anxiously awaiting being sewn into another row to add to the quilt top.




WooHoo -- Only November and December left to do and the three shoo-fly blocks that will complete that row. Yes, it has taken me longer than the 12 days I figured on, but at least the top is being put together as I work on it -- which is something I didn't figure on.....

The sun is peeking out and I'm going to meet up with Kylie and go shopping for the fabric for her Halloween costume. This day just keeps getting better.

No comments: