Background

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ooops, I Did It Again

Yesterday, I was very unproductive. I spent way too much time blog-hopping and just generally doing nothing. But, hey, this is vacation, right?

This is the time of year that I get exceptionally crafty - I guess it comes from years of doing craft shows in September - old habits die hard. I ran down to AC Moore to use my 50% off coupon and bought more yarn for knitted dishcloths -- thankfully, they don't sell fabric - I was in that kind of a mood!

Then, I had to stop at Wal-Mart, armed with my list, but I was weak. I had been eyeing up some of the fall homespun's for over a month and I finally caved. Who could pass up $2/yard for homespun?? Not me!


The good part is that I only bought a yard of each and I have a specific purpose in mind for them and the acorn print in the rear will make a perfect backing for the quilt in my mind. I couldn't resist putting my teddy with the fabric, he has a little sign that says "Behind Every Sewer is a Huge Pile of Fabric" - So true!

I hadn't bought any fabric since July 3rd, when I was last up in Lancaster, except a backing for my Sudoku quilt UFO that is sitting in one of my many piles, so I'm rather proud of myself.

Well, the fabric isn't going to launder itself - so, I'd better take care of that. Fabric doesn't usually make it into my sewing room until it has been washed and dried.

No comments: