
At least it is NOT raining this morning. By 10:00 a.m. the sun made a welcome appearance.
The weather report said that we received 1.74" of rain yesterday (personally, I think we received more than that) on top of what Ernesto dumped on us over the weekend -- can you say W-E-T? At least I can throw open the windows today and hope that things will dry out.
At least the garden looks much perkier today.
Last night I decided to try one of the new dishcloth patterns. Yes, the pattern in the book was much easier to read than the free pattern that I printed off the internet, guess you get what you pay for. Then I got stuck on SSK and PSSO...Of course, I jumped right in on doing the pattern before reading the directions. When I got to SSK, I tried to follow the picture in the book and it just wasn't making any sense. Hmmm...maybe there is something on the internet. Viola, when I typed in SSK, I got a Google video that showed exactly how to do it. http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8913692202753051212 It was like having an instructor show you exactly what to do. So there I sat, knitting in hand, and worked the stitches right along with the video -- Now I know how to do it. AND, I finished the dishcloth that I started all in one evening. I guess that I will be making up some of these for Christmas gifts. I also think I need to run out to ACMoore to pick up some luscious colors to work these in -- ecru gets kinda boring.
No comments:
Post a Comment