Background

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Good-bye Summer, 2006 - Hello Autumn

The Autumnal Equinox arrived at 12:03 a.m. I always hate to see summer go, but I do look forward to the warm days and cool nights of autumn.

The Summer of 2006 was hot, humid and rainy. Although the last week of summer felt rather autumnal. Now, today, the first day of Autumn is reminiscent of summer - warm and humid -- with the threat of rain looming large.

"No spring nor summer beauty

hath such grace

as I have seen in

one autumnal face." ---John Donne

Mail Call!!

My Australian patterns from http://www.fionamarie.com/ arrived today. I'm so excited that I can't wait to start on them. I think the Sewing Bee Bag with thread caddy and needle case will be a perfect Christmas gift for some lucky someone on my list -- I can't say who, just in case she happens to read this Blog posting.

I really love the Australian patterns and it's great that they are only a few internet clicks away AND only took 10 days to arrive.

I'm still feeling knittery. Whenever I have a few spare moments, I sit and knit. I'm still in my dishcloth craze. What have I got going on the knitting needles right now? A flamingo in hot pink and a chicken in blue -- hey, I'm from Delaware - Home of the Blue Hen Chicken!

No comments: