Background

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Weathering the Storm

We are feeling the effects of Tropical Depression Ernesto -- talk about a depression - this weather has me feeling really depressed.

I'm trying to put a positive spin on things and I am thinking about all of the sewing that I could possibly be doing, since I'm forced to stay inside. BUT, and you knew that was coming -- since they never fixed my roof as promised, I've been busy running around trying to listen for drip-drip-drip -- a four letter word that raises the hair on my neck and makes me sick to my stomach.

It's been a wild weather week here in Delaware. We started with a tornado warning on Tuesday and rain, crappy weather the rest of the week waiting for Ernesto to make his appearance and when he finally did on Friday, we were treated to 40-50 mph wind gusts and torrential rain. Quite frankly, Ernesto is an unwelcome holiday house guest -- Go Away!!!!!!!!

Progress report: I now have 5 snowmen blocks done - January, February, March, June and July. What happened to April and May, you ask. Well, they are in the rows sewn together and even though, in my head, it sounded like a good idea to sew the rows together before embroidering them -- NOT! So I have June and July done and as soon as they are sewn into a row and attached to the bottom of April and May, I'll move back to them. It is easier to just work on the individual blocks rather than trying to maneuver entire rows sewn together.

I'm also happy to report that I made it through the month of August without buying any fabric. I didn't go to Lancaster on Tuesday, which saved me. I was supposed to be on vacation last week, but I had to go into work on Monday. Tuesday was the day we had the tornado warning and I would have been coming through the area that got hit on my way home, about the time it was hit. Thankfully, I changed my plans.

Well, I've whined enough about the foul weather and I'm going to take this opportunity to work on my Shoo-Fly and Snowball blocks for "Snow Shoos".

Go away, Ernesto -- I'm tired of you ~~~~~~~~~ shoo-fly, don't bother me!

No comments: