Background

Saturday, September 30, 2006

It's Officially Autumn


I think it's official -- Autumn is really here - I've changed the wreath on the front door. I really hate to let go of summer - I usually wait until the last possible moment to transition into autumn. The air is crisp and cool - time to drag out the jeans, sweatshirts and quilts. This kind of weather also has me craving beef stew, macaroni & cheese and apple pie (comfort foods), hay rides and a trip to the orchard. Going to the orchard has been a family tradition since my son was a tot and now we still carry on the tradition with my granddaughter.

The mantle has been decorated. I still have some more terra cotta pumpkins that I could bring up from the basement but, do I really need them this year.

I've been obsessed with knitting and watching all of the new shows on television. This view of the mantle is what I see while sitting in my favorite chair.

I would like to spend some time in my sewing room this weekend. I have so many ideas in my head, that I've tried to capture them on paper so I don't forget and I've even made up a notebook of "Must-Do's" with pictures and notes. However, once I get into my sewing room, I get "But-itis". I could work on this, but I need to do that first. Hmm... I could sew this up, but, that needs to be trimmed first. And, the list goes on.... I just need to get off my butt and get some of these things done!

The iron is heating up, so I'm going to press some of my fabric and then just pick a project and get to work on it.


Bailey would like to take this opportunity (Bailey just loves to have his picture taken) to wish everyone a Happy Harvest.

Gratitudes:

  • Turning off the A/C and opening the windows
  • Sleeping under a warm quilt.
  • The unconditional love of my dog.
  • Post-it notes

No comments: